Full Time | Canberra ACT
The Procurement Manger will lead a team responsible for specialist procurement strategy and operations nationally.
About the organisation
Our client is a significant player in the property and facilities management market. They have demonstrated that it is possible to successfully take on mainstream competitors, whilst achieving high levels of both Indigenous employment and Indigenous business partnerships.
Our client aims to partner with and foster Indigenous enterprise by hiring and supporting Indigenous Australians and business while encouraging growth, development and engagement in the Facilities Management sector and more broadly across the community.
Their service offerings in the property market include:
- Tennant management and representation.
- Project management (maintenance and cleaning).
- Financial management.
- Data and analytics.
- Management of minor construction works.
About the role
The Procurement Manger will lead a team responsible for specialist procurement strategy and operations nationally. This will focus on supplier diversity and inclusion and client relationship management.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Support team members to share and develop category strategies and leverage across our client base to deliver value and efficiencies;
- Coach operational staff (Procurement and Facilities Team) and provide a supporting framework for effective contract management, including contract administration and performance management.
- Continually review sourcing processes in line with changing trends to ensure use of best practice processes.
- Develop and implement an annual Procurement Plan in accordance with client requirements and category strategy.
- Run effective and ethical sourcing activities to achieve the timely and cost effective provision of all goods and services.
- Negotiate contractual conditions which achieve the optimal outcomes for cost, service level and risk.
- Ensure that the obligations of contractors, suppliers, the company and clients are reflected in contractual documentation that is maintained to the highest standard.
Key stakeholders of the position include:
- Current and future clients.
- Current and potential suppliers/contractors to the business and its clients.
- Account leadership team.
- Executive team
The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience and be able to meet the below key selection criteria.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Specialist procurement experience within the facilities/property industry, or an experienced facilities manager who has procurement experience.
- Category management experience in a procurement or sourcing role.
- Supplier and contractor management and development experience.
- Experience working directly with external clients, managing issues and developing relationships.
- Qualifications and/or industry memberships to ensure sourcing, contract management, administration, and performance management processes remain industry best practice.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Ability to work with limited supervision and set and deliver own agenda for success.
- Ability to develop and implement best practice objectives for team.
- Goal oriented and able to meet performance targets.
- Ability to manage stakeholders and clients in a complex environment.
- Ability to manage a variety of complex projects and issues concurrently.
Ideal Skills, Knowledge and Experience
You would ideally have….
- Experience sourcing facilities/engineering services;
- CIPS qualifications or eligibility.
You will be….
- A team player
- An engaging and empowering leader
- A diversity and inclusion champion
While the role is not a strictly identified position, we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with relevant experience to apply.
What we can offer you
- An attractive salary package.
- Full time permanent position (Canberra based).
- The opportunity to work with an industry leader in their field.
- The opportunity to work within a respectful and supportive team environment that values and embraces cultural diversity.
How to apply
All applications must be made in writing and include the following:
- Up to date CV.
- Cover letter outlining why you have applied for the position and how you meet the requirements of the position (maximum 3 pages).
Please ensure these are sent though in WORD format.
Applications are to be emailed to email@example.com with the heading “Procurement Manager Application” in the subject line.
Applications must be received by 5pm Monday 1 July 2019
Unfortunately, late submissions will not be accepted.
How to get more information
For further information on the position, please contact Lucy at Pipeline Talent via phone or email.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 8001 6603.